Mental Health and Mental Capacity
The Mental Capacity Act 2005 recognises the capability of Social Workers to carry out assessments of mental capacity. All ISWP practitioners are trained and experienced capacity assessors, able to undertake a wide range of capacity assessments.
ISWP is able to provide independent social work assessments and reports for:
- Acting as Certifier and Witness for Lasting Power of Attorney Arrangements
- Assessments of Capacity for Applications to the Court of Protection. (COP3)
- Mental Capacity Act Assessments
- Deprivation of Liberty Assessments (DOLS)
- Mental Health Review Tribunals
- Care Programme Approach Meetings
- Best Interest Meetings
- We can facilitate social reports for pre-guardianship meetings and guardianship review tribunals. These will include independent mental health assessments, comprehensive risk assessments and recommendations pertaining to current and future care planning and support packages.
- Our reports are commissioned and used by Local Authorities, Courts, Tribunals, Solicitors, Mental Health specialist teams and voluntary organisations.